Sunday, July 14, 2013

Old Finds

I was cleaning up some of my pictures stored on my computer today and came across
some interesting things.  It was paintings that I created several years ago on of all things
"Paint" on my computer.  They look quite abstract which is so far from my style, but I
have actually seen some vintage spaces that have abstracts mixed in and they look amazing.

I find it really keeps your creative juices moving if you sometimes step outside of your
comfort zone.  You never know what you might come up with.

Here is the first of my paintings.  I named each one.

This one is called "Africa".  I imagined this Mother walking back home from the market
with her baby. The background looks like buildings with the Sun beginning to dip down
for the day.  I used "hot" colors to give the illusion of the heat.


I may send this to have it printed out on a large poster board just to see how it will look.


This next one is a picture of my mind's eye of when I was young, walking through the woods.
It is a natural briar fence with all the tangled branches!  And why is it that there was always
the most beautiful green pasture behind these, yet this natural fence kept us from entering?

I named it "Tangles".



Next, portrays my life long love of flowers. I don't know about you but I can never doodle
or paint without ending up having a flower in the mix.  I think the gift of flowers is where
God wanted to show off a bit.... and boy He did not disappoint!!!!

I call this painting "Precious One".



And last but not least a painting of a pear.  I have always wanted a giant picture of a pear
in my kitchen.  Don't know why but I have...so I may have to have this one made into a
poster, too.

I just call it "Pear".



So, I hope you enjoyed my whimsical post tonight!

                                                          XOXOXOXO
                                                                Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment