Monday, July 15, 2013

Vintage Buttons

I have had some vintage white buttons that I've been hanging onto for
some time for a craft project.  So today, I had an idea come to me
and was able to put them to good use.

I am SLOWLY making an office/guest room and plan to have an all
white/antique white theme.  Every time I see a room with this color scheme,
it appears to be so tranquil and beautiful to me.

So, this is how I used my vintage buttons.


I hot glued them to the light switch plate of the room.  Let me point out that this is an
adult ONLY project.  The hot glue will occasionally push up through the holes in the
buttons!  To prevent getting burned use a ice cream stick or some tool to press the
buttons down without having to use your fingers.



I think it turned out so pretty.  Remember, not all projects have to be enormous
changes.  The small details of decorating can make all the difference in the
world!!  I now love this light switch plate because "It's Time Has Come" to be
a Vintage display in the room!

                                                    XOXOXOXO
                                                       Sandra






5 comments:

  1. Precious idea!! Imagine all the pretty dresses they came from...if buttons cud talk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, your right! Got a new collection crush! I need to live in a warehouse, so I could have plenty of storage!!

      Delete
    2. I LOVE me some buttons! Liz....Miss Paula gave me some of Cookies buttons last time I saw her. Sandy....this is such a sweet idea!

      Delete