Thursday, June 20, 2013

Costume Jewelry Ornament


Are you like me and have lots of costume jewelry hidden away?  So beautiful, but not really
seen or appreciated?  Well, lets do something about that!  Why invest in the hunt for these
gorgeous treasures and not display them every day or on special occasions?  These are the
questions that I asked myself while cleaning out my jewelry boxes one day.

So, I started thinking why not turn them into a combined piece?  Being a lover of heart
shaped items I decided to take the plunge....... and so it began......

Here are the steps:

Cut out a heart shape (or your favorite shape) out of cardboard and spray paint it gold.  Punch a hole in the top of the heart so you will have the option to hang it if  you want. Begin hot gluing pieces to the cardboard backing.



Continue gluing pieces on.  This is so fun!


Until, finally you have a completed piece!!!



Now your collection can be displayed all the time!  You can also add a bow through the punch hole.
Mine is being displayed on the top of my desk right now and I get to enjoy it every day.  I plan to also use it as a Christmas tree topper this year with other costume jewelry Christmas tree ornaments. Imagine how beautiful a Christmas tree could be with that theme!  Anyway that it my plan, so look for this again in December!

I hope you will try this project at  your house.  Once again, the possibilities are endless for this project.  Just use your imagination!  Let me know what you make from your costume jewelry because..."It's Time Has Come"..to be a beautiful creation!

XOXOXO Sandra


2 comments: