Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hello everyone!

Welcome to "It's Time Has Come"!

This is my first official post.  I have been hovering around blogland so wanting
to start my own blog for quite some time; so I'm taking the leap!  I hope you will join
me on this new journey.  It should be fun!

I struggled trying to decide on a name for this blog.  It's like trying to decide on a name
for a new baby!  You know it will have to last a lifetime and must be a name that will
serve the baby well as a child and into adulthood. Such a tough decision!

Finally the title came to me and it really fits quite well, since the goal of this blog is to
take things that have been forgotten because of a flaw, or thrown away or given away
and given new life or purpose. And so we begin......

On this blog I want to post DIY and home improvement projects.  I just finished a DIY
project that I would like to share with you.  I didn't take a before picture ( promise I will
get better) but here are the steps on how it was created.

Title of this craft:  Shabby Chic Candle Holder

Step 1: Take a brass candle holder and spray paint it gold.  Let dry.
Step 2: Spray paint white.  Let dry.
Step 3: Distress with fine grain sand paper to let some gold show through.
Step 4: Use silicone adhesive and glue tea cup to the candle holder.  Let dry.
Step 5: Use silicone adhesive and glue saucer to the top of the tea cup. Let dry.
Step 6: Enjoy your work of art!!!

These were three items purchased at Good Will and given a new purpose because
"It's Time Has Come" as a beautiful candle holder!!!



I added my bunny to the staging because she loves to have her picture taken.
You will probably see her from time to time!  Let me know if you tried this craft.
The possibilities are endless!



                                                    XOXOXOXO
                                                         Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment